Thursday, May 22, 2014

Icing for sugar cookies

I wanted to use icing that hardens so it wouldn't be messy to eat.  This recipe was perfect.  I liked the flavor, the icing hardened with a great texture, and the colors were very bright.  I was hoping that it would be quicker to frost the cookies with this (I hate frosting sugar cookies) but it wasn't that much quicker. But I thought that it was way easier to make the cookies look nice then with frosting. I got several compliments on how the cookies looked, specifically the icing.

Sugar Cookie Icing
 
recipe image
"Sugar cookie icing is a quick and easy recipe using ingredients you most likely already have on hand."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
assorted food coloring
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
2.Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.

No comments: